Onsite Program Improves Nurse Satisfaction
This case study is based on a June 2017 survey of Agiliti customers by a 3rd party research service. The profiled hospital* was focused on ‘quick-win’ opportunities to improve speed to therapy, increase nursing productivity and improve patient outcomes. The hospital chose Agiliti to help them achieve these goals.
In addition, the hospital estimates that their nurses spent >1 hour on administrative tasks each shift before implementing Agiliti on-site services.
Today, the profiled hospital relies on an Agiliti onsite program and staff to manage the following equipment types:
When asked, the Director of Respiratory Services identified the following capabilities of the program as direct benefits for the nursing staff:
The surveyed hospital agrees that the onsite equipment management program is highly valuable to the success of their facility, and Agiliti has helped them to realize the following results:
Increased nurse satisfaction
Improved patient outcomes
Reduced equipment delays & improved speed to therapy
Improved equipment utilization & availability
Reduced equipment shortages
Improved caregiver productivity
Reduced lost equipment
When asked what would be the impact if the on-site program went away, the hospital identified the following consequences:
- Lowered equipment availability
- Unplanned capital purchases
- Increased nursing complaints / frustration
- Decreased patient satisfaction
- Decreased staff productivity
- Decreased productivity of clinical engineering staff
- A risk to the clinical outcome / patient experience
* The company featured in this case study asked to have its name publicly blinded because publicly endorsing vendors is against their policies.