This case study is based on a July 2018 survey of Agiliti customers by TechValidate, a 3rd-party research service. The profiled academic medical center in this case study was focused on reducing their service costs, increasing technician productivity and improving PM and recall compliance and reporting. The hospital selected Agiliti to provide a flexible, on-demand coverage, as well as dedicated technical support for entire equipment types, to help them achieve their service goals.
The profiled academic medical center ultimately selected Agiliti for their clinical engineering services in order to address the following business challenges at their hospital:
- Cost of service & repairs/service to acquisition costs
- Equipment uptime
- Matching work levels to staffing levels (employee leave, episodic event)
- PM compliance & reporting
- Technician competency levels – technician skill set
Today, the profiled hospital relies on a hybrid service model that features the following key capabilities:
- Supplemental staffing (hourly or block of time)
- Equipment type contract (complete PM and repair of an equipment type, i.e. beds, infusion pumps)
When asked, the biomedical director identified the capability of the program to offer flexible coverage (Access to flexible, on-demand FTEs) as a key differentiator from the competition.
The profiled academic medical centers agrees that the capabilities of the hybrid clinical engineering program were highly valuable to the success of their facility, and Agiliti helped them to achieve the following results:
- Improved PM and recall compliance
- Improved equipment uptime
- Achieved better labor allocation
- Improved inventory management
In evaluating the program, the biomedical director mentioned that the “on-boarding and implementation exceeded our expectations compared to similar vendors we have worked with in the past.” Also, as a result of partnering with Agiliti for multiple different solutions, they were able to realize a synergistic benefit across the facility.